E-retail is no longer just "mainstream"
- E-commerce revenue is expected to grow to 9% of total sales i.e. $327 Billion in 2016.
- All major retail firms have a robust online presence, with some, such as Best Buy and Sears, seeking to differentiate themselves through closer integration with their brick and mortar stores.
- This is true, not just in the US. eCommerce startups are major beneficiaries of the newest wave of VC spending in markets in developing countries.
- Meanwhile, in the US, the sophistication and ubiquity of ecommerce tools and applications has fueled the next big trend – the sharing economy as exemplified by firms such as Airbnb, Uber, etc.
SoftStar has a track record of more than 8 years in providing complete eCommerce based solutions to clients across the globe using technologies varying from C#/.NET and Java/J2EE to Php/Magento. A few examples of such engagements are listed below.
- Integration with Cloud based application – eCommerce system for international distributor of electronics products. Integration with Netsuite to provide back end functions. Listed among top 5 shopping sites of 2008 by PC Magazine.
- Custom implementation – Full eCommerce site, including back end logistics and fulfillment for a distributor of environmental products.
- Japanese market – Site similar in function to Craigslist – with enhancements – targeted at the urban market in Japan, with internationalization features that make it readily deployable to other markets.
- Instant Coupons – Complete application that allows merchants to offer discount coupons to be redeemed immediately, as way of improving yield.
- High End Fashion Accessories in India – Magento based site for high profile, venture funded startup disrupting the fashion industry in India.
- UK Based Publisher – Includes complex search capability and a separate site targeted at the self-publishing market
- Fortune 100 Retailer - Full eCommerce system, including backend warehouse and logistics integration, for one of the largest general merchandisers in the world.